Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyer in Cleveland
Elderly people are placed in nursing homes for their care and safety. Unfortunately, because nursing home facilities are run for profit, the wellbeing of residents is not always top priority for these facilities. Management may cut corners by understaffing, hiring less qualified and lower paid workers, and failing to properly train or supervise their staff. As a result of this negligence, older adults who reside in these facilities are often the victims of abuse and neglect.
For personal injury legal representation in Cleveland, Westlake, and Independence; and throughout Cuyahoga, Lorain, Medina, and Summit Counties, call (440) 298-2344.
Common Forms of Abuse in Nursing Homes
There are five common forms of nursing home abuse:
- Physical abuse: Senior citizens can suffer bodily harm or injury in nursing homes. Physical abuse may involve hitting, kicking, pinching, shoving, or physical restraint with straps or ties. Residents with cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s are at a higher risk of physical abuse.
- Emotional abuse: Nursing home residents may be verbally abused with insults, belittling, and threats. Abusive staff may control their activities against their will or isolate them from friends, family, and other residents.
- Sexual abuse: Appalling as it seems, sexual abuse does occur in nursing homes. It involves any type of unwanted sexual contact inflicted on a resident. The most common victims of sexual abuse are residents who are disabled or incapable of giving consent.
- Neglect: This type of abuse occurs when nursing homes fail to properly care for residents. Neglect may involve lack of medical care, medication errors, poor personal hygiene, malnutrition, and dehydration.
- Financial abuse: Older people may be exploited financially in nursing homes. They may have their cash, credit cards, valuables, bank statements, or financial records stolen. They may even be prevented from accessing their own accounts.
ACCEPTING CASES IN CLEVELAND, WESTLAKE, INDEPENDENCE & SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
If you suspect your elderly loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, contact Dodosh Law Offices at (440) 298-2344 as soon as possible. Located by Crocker Park, the firm accepts cases in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Medina and Summit Counties.
Over a Decade of Experience
Expert Guidance and Service
Recommended by Peers and Clients
Aggressive Legal Representation